Saturday, August 11, 2012

Have a great weekend!

How was your week? I am getting a newlease on life learning new things!

I don't know how many of you have had things happen that shake up your world. We, as a group, usually have had something happen that can change everything. It could be something great! It could also be something that for us, shakes us up. Makes us shake all the way to our toes. It maybe somewhere in between.

Basically I want to talk about what to do about it. what we each can do!

I've had all scenarios happen to me or my family. There are others who have been through much more. In all cases, there has been only one thing. that has ever helped, Can you guess? Yes! God! It is not about going to church, trying. to be a good person, Especially it has nothing to do with how you compare with that guy or girl you know you are better than. This is really just about you and if you believe God.

God is the one and only! He has three forms in one. (Remember. He can be every place all the time!) He is God The Father, God The Son, and God The Holy Spirit! God The Son, Jesus, died on a cross. Have you heard the real, true story? He died to give us a present that only He could give us! A gift of freedom that was free just for believing Him and asking for it. Then, guess what? It was about continuing to allow that to grow! To allow God to be in charge. To desire what He wants!

You see God wants us all to live eventually in Heaven. The difference is not everyone believes or accepts the free gift. Many believe that they can be good enough. They think I am not as bad as so-and-so. Or, worse, they think there is no God and He can't be mean. But do you know God isn't mean and He is very real? He knows you down to the last hair on your head? He knows what you are thinking even if you do  not! So why did I bring this up? It actually is very simple. I've learned something I must share! I' ve learned that I can't be good by myself. Nobody can! I can appear to be good. But,  I am not really. I need help. I need to be clean in my soul. I need help everyday. God is so clean and Holy that I couldn't even go into Heaven to see Him. The Bible says my goodness is like filthy rags!

Well because I did believe God through his L0VE and GRACE to me: I really am clean. and one day when this life is over, I won't be a sinner, I will be changed. and be able to live with Jesus instead of the Hell I deserve because of my" filthy rags." 

You see I've been learning how to really live! It was a miracle I was born. It was by much love I was married. Greater miracle and blessing I was able to have children when they said I couldn't. A tragic loss of my first son to SIDS. (Gods great love through it all-and that is another story.) Great medical issues along with expenses for more than 20 years of our married life. Job losses and gains, and everything else. How does someone do it? Well you can't alone. You can try. But, to REALLY LIVE... It is always with a personal relationship with Jesus! He loved all of us to die for us and pay the real and just price for our sins. You see God in fair. He must have  justice for our sins but, even sent Jesus to pay for our sins if we only accept it.

So when the really great feeling things happen. When the really bad feeling things happen: When the knock you down, mess up your world things happen. I know where I am! I'm in Jesus hands and I am never alone.

May you never go through anything in life alone ever again. May the one with you be the one who died for you! Blessings to you all, I would be honored to pray for you. If you want to know more about Jesus, let me know!

John 3: 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His Only Begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

What a promise! Have a great weekend!

Retta

1 comment:

I am really excited you chose to visit. Your comments mean a lot to me and i so appreciate them. Have a very special day, and thank you!